Monkhouse Granary has a positive attitude to protecting the environment and green actions are part of the everyday approach of the business.
- Locally sourced ingredients from our catering
- Cakes and biscuits are homemade – so we generate no food miles at all!
- Filtered water used from on-site borehole – no chemicals added
- Local Wenlock Spring water in our own water coolers
- Fresh flowers are used in the rooms, grown in the Monkhouse garden
- Paper & glass is recycled
- Furniture has been supplied by Shropshire based businesses
- A non electric floor sweeper is used in between electric sweepings, to save electricity